16 Jun 2020
Enjoy OBX Activities while Social Distancing
With all that is going on in today's world, the Beach Realty Team is more than excited to welcome you back to the Outer Banks. At this time, North Carolina is still under Phase 2 of the Governor's COVID-19 restrictions until June 26th, 2020. While not all of our attractions are open yet, we would love to give you a variety of options of activities and restaurants you can still enjoy while socially distancing.
Below you can find different restaurants broken down by location followed by several local attractions to that will help make navigating and event planning a little easier during your stay. Head over to our Q&A blog for more questions and answers about what Phase 2 includes and what to expect during your OBX Vacation!
Explore the Outdoors
The Outer Banks has many opportunities for an outdoor adventure. You will enjoy miles of pristine beaches with plenty of space to spread out. If you’re looking for something more adventurous you can test your skills at one of the Adventure parks, climb a lighthouse, or get out on the water on a fishing charter, dolphin cruise or kayak tour! We’ve listed some great options below for ideas for Outdoor adventures.
- Beach Day - Enjoy a beautiful day on the beach soaking up the sunshines. View our list of public beach accesses.
- Lighthouses - The OBX has multiple lighthouses that line the coast that you can visit and learn rich history about.
- Jockey’s Ridge State Park - Enjoy the nature made sand dunes with your family and friends.
- Challange yourself at an adventure park! First Flight Adventure Park (252) 715-3622 | Corolla Adventure Park (252) 597-1997 - Ziplines, Obstacles & more!
- Go on a Nature hike - The Outer Banks has several hiking trails that are perfect for the outdoor enthusiest. Nags Head Woods, Sanderling, Kitty Hawk Woods.
Although many traditional spas may not be open in Phase 2 of North Carolina’s reopening, there are still plenty of ways to relax and rejuvenate on your Outer Banks vacation. Consider the newest trend of IV therapy in the comfort of your home - this will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. After a few days in the sun, you may want to consider capturing your family’s Outer Banks vacation by arranging beach portraits! The Outer Banks has many wonderful photographers who will travel to your preferred location. We’ve listed links below to ways to treat yourself!
- Get dolled up for gorgeous family photos that will last a lifetime. Brooke Mayo Photography (252) 599-0720
- Rehydration Therapy - OBX Renew IV (252) 256-9464 - Provides vitamin infused blends to optimize rehydration, recovery and repair on the cellular level of your home, beach cottage, hotel room or office.
- A day at the spa - Aqua Spa (252) 261-9709 - Relax with a spa day including massages, facials, manicures and pedicures.
- Let the kids play! Turfs Up (252) 715-5820- Indoor sports simulator allowing you to play golf, baseball soccer and more. Turfs Up has over 91 golf courses and 13 other sports and games.
Get Out On The Water
They say saltwater cures all. So find a way to enjoy it! Ocean Atlantic Rentals has many great beach equipment rentals such as surfboards, boogie boards, SUP and kayak rentals. Consider trying something new on the Ocean or the Sound!
- Ocean Atlantic Rentals (252) 216-7368 - Rent your beach, electric, watersports, cottage and bike needs for the week.
- Go Fishing! Corolla Bait Tackle (252) 453-9500 - Get all your fishing needs and book a fishing charter for you and your family. Valid NC Fishing License Required.
- Try kayaking! Outer Banks Kayak Adventures (252) 489-8146 - Single Kayaks, Tandem Kayaks, Stand Up Paddle Boards & Free Delivery
Enjoy Outer Banks Cuisine Dine-in or Take Out
Many local restaurants have made adjustments to provide a spacious atmosphere for dine in customers. Additionally, many restaurants have added new or additional outdoor seating. For those who do not want to go out to eat, you can order take-out and enjoy the finest local fare in the comfort of your Outer Banks vacation home. You may also be interested in our list of the top 17 outdoor dining restaurants. We’ve listed some of our favorite restaurants below:
Lighthouse Bagels (252) 453-9998
Outer Banks Boil Company (252) 453-6578
Urban Kitchen (252) 453-4453
La Dolce Vita (252) 459-0069
Southern Shores Pizza & Deli (252) 715-3940
The Village Table & Tavern (252) 715-1414
OBX Frozen Yogurt (252) 261-2697
The Blue Point (252) 261-8090
Kitty Hawk - Nags Head
Nags Head Pizza Company (252) 715-3455
Captain Georges (252) 480-6677
Trio Restaurant & Market (252) 216-0277
South Beach Grill (252) 255-1698