03/01/2019 - 6:00pm to 12/06/2019 - 8:00pm
Manteo’s vibrant downtown scene is on full display during this monthly event that highlights the area’s businesses, restaurants, and galleries that makes this central Outer Banks community so unique. The First Friday in Manteo is held every month on the initial Friday of the month and is a street festival that will make any new visitor fall in love with this charming coastal community.
The event is held along the waterfront in Downtown Manteo, and anyone strolling along Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Sir Walter Raleigh Street, or Budleigh Street will be treated to the festivities. During this 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. celebration, sidewalks are lined with live music, magicians, period-dressed actors from various historic attractions, artisans, and much more, and every week presents an opportunity to experience and discover a new downtown gem. Many shops and restaurants are open late for the evening, and/or have specials or festivities of their own to lure in visitors. With lots of ways to enjoy the cool shopping, dining, and arts scene, this monthly event is a fantastic introduction to what the town is all about. The event is held rain or shine, and everyone is welcome to swing by the waterfront to join in the fun.
- Friday, March 1st 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, April 5th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, May 3rd 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, June 7th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, July 5th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, August 2nd 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, September 6th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, October 4th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, November 1st 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, December 6th 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM