Welcome To The South Nags Head, North Carolina
To experience the exotic fish at the North Carolina Aquarium, the array of colors at the Elizabethan Gardens or the history learned at The Lost Colony, enjoy a stay in South Nags Head. The historic town of Manteo, on Roanoke Island, is just a short ride away and offers unique shops, local menu restaurants, and is home to many attractions. There is also Festival Park, which is on the waterfront in Manteo. The versatile aspect of South Nags Head also offers the fishing and boating activities close by at Oregon Inlet and Pirates Cove marinas. For a nature enthusiast, the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and Pea Island Wildlife Refuge are just a stones throw away. The areas are perfect for hikes, bird watching, and combing the beach for seashells. South Nags Head is a splendid choice for a vacation.
Top Things to Do in South Nags Head:
1. Visit the old Jenette's Pier, the soon to be North Carolina Aquarium Pier at MP 16.
2. Go Bird Watching at Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge.
3. Go Fishing - on or off-shore - South Nags Head is convenient to both Oregon Inlet Fishing Center and Pirates Cove Marina.
4. Explore Cape Hatteras National Seashore
4. Take a day trip to Manteo to visit the NC Aquarium, Elizabethan Gardens, The Lost Colony or Roanoke Festival Park.
Top Restaurants in South Nags Head
Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe - located on the Manteo Causeway - for authentic local seafood dishes & a waterfront dinning experience.
Town of Nags Head Contact Information:
Town Hall 252-441-5508 www.townofnagshead.net
Nags Head Leash Laws:
Dogs are allowed on the beach at all times as long as they are leashed. Owners must clean up after their dogs.